Thursday, March 17, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I survived my midterms! They all went well so hopefully I will have good grades to return to after Spring Break.
Today is quite a special day for Italy! It is 150 years of unification for the country of Italy. Last night there were some special events in celebration. The night was called 'Notte Tricolore' meaning tricolor night. The red, green, and white of the Italian flag was everywhere! All the state museums were open with free admission until 1am and are free all day today. Certain buildings around Florence were illuminated with the colors of the Italian flag.
The Ponte Vecchio
The Loggia in Piazza della Signora
Palazzo della Signoria
A lot of the stores made red, green, and white displays as well.
There were bands playing at various spots around town throughout the night, reading of the Divine Comedy at one of the churches, and at midnight the mayor of Florence hung the Italain flag from the top of the theater. There were fireworks to conclude the evening. It was quite the celebration!
Megan and I watched the season finale of the Bachelor to celebrate the end of midterms. We had a nice system going since the internet here is so slow. One person would load one part while we would watch another part on the other computer.
At one point both of our computers were loading at the same spot. We got a nice laugh and were both very happy when Brad proposed to Emily!! I can't wait to get back to the fast internet in the United States that's for sure.
Tomorrow morning I leave for Spring Break in Greece with Megan and Emily! We are taking a cruise that stops in Corfu for 3 nights and Athens for 2. I should have internet along the way so hopefully it won't be too long until my next post.
Ciao ciao!
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your posts!! Looks like you are doing both studying and traveling abroad. Can't wait to read about Greece!!

    ReplyDelete