Friday, January 14, 2011

End of Orientation Week

I can't believe I've been in Florence for whole week! I've learned so much in such a short amount of time.
Thursday was another typical day of orientation with a language lesson and a guided tour to the public library and a supermarket. In the afternoon I had History of Interiors and Studio which wore me out!
Friday was the last day of orientation and only lasted from 9:30 to 11:30. After orientation my roomates and I went to the market. You have to have a strong stomach to go to the market because there is raw meat everywhere. Trepa is a meat that is eaten here... it is cow stomach. Ew! It looks like sheepskin. My camera was dead so I didn't get any pictures but I will be sure to snap some next time we go. The market is also the best place to get fresh fruits and vegetables. We stopped by the supermarket to get the rest of the things we needed to cook with.
I had a salami and fontana cheese sandwich after a hard day of grocery shopping.
I also treated myself to a chocolate chip muffin :) Savini is a bakery famous for their pasteries and breads.
Later in the day Megan and I went out wandering the city and to do a little shopping. I think wandering aimlessly in this city is one of my favorite things to do. This city is so beautiful and there are so many sights to see. We were out walking for around 2 hours.
I bought my first bottle of wine to enjoy with dinner tonight.
It's exciting to be old enough to buy wine here! One of my goals here is to learn how to cook so tonight I made alfredo sauce from scratch. Alfredo isn't served in Florence but my roommates wanted it with their pasta so it was my first cooking experiment. It turned out really well! We all have full tummys :)
I love the doors here in Florence; they are all so unique. So today I will leave you with a picture of a beautiful door.
Arrivederci,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. What a great goal to start cooking!! Beautiful door, beautiful stories, beautiful you! Alpha Love!

    ReplyDelete