Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Fun with a Day Trip to Pisa!

The weekend was well earned after our first full week of classes. With an empty fridge and pantry my roommates and I decided it was time to hit up the market and grocery.
The white meat on the right side of the picture is Trepa... cow stomach!
You can buy chicken with the feet still on... Yummy ;)
This is where we have been getting our vegetables. There are also stands for dried fruit, some bakery type stands, stands for wine, and a few general merchandise stands.
Megan had been craving Mexican food all week so Friday night we went to one of the few Mexican restaurants in Florence called Tijuana.
It was happy hour so we got margaritas. I am loving being legal to have a drink here. For dinner I got chimichangas which were delish!
Us girls in the restaurant. Later that night we went out to a bar and to a dance club.
Saturday I got some homework done and rested up for our adventure on Sunday to Pisa.
On the train to Pisa. The ticket cost 5.80 euro (about 9 dollars) and the ride was an hour long... well worth it in my opinion!
Looking down the Arno. It was a great day and made for even better photos.
A building owned by the Medici. Gorgeous and grand but I wouldn't expect any less from that family.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa! I had to do the classic holding the tower up of course.
The Cathedral of Pisa
Inside the Cathedral
Hot Chocolate I had with my lunch. It was a little chilly out so this hot chocolate hit the spot!
Looking down the Arno again. I thought about just swimming back to Florence but I decided that it was a little too cold out. After a short train ride home we were back in Florence.
Now it is time to finish up some homework for the upcoming week.
Ciao!
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are absolutely incredible! I love all the descriptions about food and the markets. Hope you keep having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pisa looks beautiful!! Love this pictures by the river :)

    ReplyDelete