Monday, January 10, 2011

My Apartment!

I know you all have been waiting to see pictures of my apartment! (Or at least that is what I am always curious about but maybe because I am an interior design major). We haven't gotten the chance to run to Ikea yet but we want to get some dish towels, placemats, and pillows for our bed. We aren't allowed to hang anything from our walls. Since they are so old even tape could take the paint off. So here is a little virtual tour... Enjoy!
Welcome to my building! I live on Via Montebello. The big wooden doors to our building are gorgeous!
This is more of the actual building. I couldn't get a picture of the whole building because the streets are too narrow to get far enough away.
This is the door to our apartment. Our apartment is named Strozzi.
The door opens into our main room. It is our living room, dining room, kitchen, and laundry room, all in one.
Our little kitchen. The fridge is in the cabinet below the microwave and our washer is below the stove (see picture below).
Our little washer but no dryer :( Almost all clothing is line dried. You cannot dry your clothes on the front side (street side) of a building or you will get a 50 euro fine. Luckily, our windows open into a courtyard.
Our little green couch (the living room seating) haha
My bedroom! Megan and I each have a single bed and they are pushed together with one headboard.
Our armoire that serves as a closet.

The bathroom Megan and I share. The shower head has a place to attach higher up but it makes the water point to the wall so we don't use it. Showering is going to take some time to adjust to.
The other view of our bathroom.
Bria in her room.
Our windows look out into a courtyard. It makes for quite an inimate relationship with the neighbors. Haha
 Hope you loved your tour!!
Ciao ciao,
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. I love your apartment!!! I hope that bed works out...seems a little weird I'm sure to sleep so close to someone other than me lol I cant wait to see more!!! O and good luck with the shower...I had problems with that when I was over there too.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah,

    Your pictures are great and your apartment looks adorable! I'm so excited for you to be there! I will take care of your mom for you while you are away. Travel whereever and whenever you can - I loved Italy!

    Carol(under Andrew cause I can't remember my password)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannahbelle,

    Your apartment is so cute! I'm jealous. When you come to visit, my place won't exactly be as nice...hahaha. It looks like you're having so much fun already! I can't wait to visit!

    Alpha Love,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so not surprised that your apartment is soooooo adorable!!! It looks like you are getting settled in nicely!!

    ReplyDelete